Safe, therapeutic, and sacred psychedelic journeys have the potential to enact profound transformation and healing on both a personal and a societal level. Many mistake these substances for party drugs, but their true medicine lies in the properly prepared and undertaken journey inward.
Scientists were just starting to understand the therapeutic benefits of LSD, psilocybin, and more in the 1960's when the many studies being done were suddenly shut down. Research is thriving again today, and we are beginning to understand their role in healing addiction, PTSD, anxiety and depression, and so much more.
James Fadiman has been at the forefront of this research for over 50 years. He is a writer and researcher with a PhD in Psychology and is the author of many books, including The Psychedelic Explorers Guide, which details how both journeyers and guides can create optimal conditions to have the best possible experience. Jim has also popularized the phenomenon of microdosing (taking tiny, sub-perceptual microdoses of psychedelic substances to enhance performance and treat ailments).
In the Intro:
- How Jim and I met
- The amazing free resource Jim is making available to listeners
In the Interview:
- That feeling when the future Ram Dass gives you LSD in Paris and changes your life forever
- Ken Kesey, Albert Hoffman, Huston Smith and other heroes of mine who Jim knew
- Why psychedelic research got shut down in the 60's and what was being researched then
- How psychedelics work
- How to have safe, therapeutic, and sacred journeys
- Microdosing for: depression, colds, menstrual problems, asthma, allergies, stroke, and SO MUCH MORE
- Dying is absolutely safe